- My drawing skills suck.
- I am too shy around color. Must be my penchant for less saturated colors...
- I have not done a whole piece and so I'm not so good with making the subject "blend into the background".
- I need to work on hands, feet and faces.
- I take too long to finish.
- I need to do more perspective and foreshortening.
- Composition is my weakest spot.
- I don't think I have a problem with concept art... I just have a problem with transfering my concepts to canvas. Must be my lacking skills...
So I'm going to work on each of these weak spots over the next few months. Practice practice practice... I think I will have very little time for anything else. Art truly is a cruel mistress. lolz.
I've been looking at works by Craig Mullins and some impressionst works... I think I'm starting to like them and I see their values specially when creating quick sketches and snippet arts. I'm not denigrating them(I obviously see the skill required to do a full size impressionist work), it's just this is how I view it because I would rather develop those into fully detailed paintings. :D heck! I'm a realist, what do you expect?